CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

What a Difference a Year Makes

Our one year anniversary of living here was this Saturday. A year ago, I left in my van very sad to leave. I was unsure of what was ahead and what God had planned for us. I was leaving a great church, wonderful friends, and a town I had called home for 11 years. My kids were all born in San Angelo. It was hard to leave.
When we got here, I was really sad. I missed my friends. I missed my church. We visited several churches, and we met a lot of nice people. It just wasn't what I was used to. I found a job, and it's the only job I applied for. It's funny how God must have sent me there. I know that now.

I am very thankful to have visited Braden's school and felt at peace that he needed to be there. It was the only place I felt he belonged. I didn't know how much of a blessing his little school would be, but God knew!

Well, I understand now the reasons God moved us here. I love my job. I have met great people. I have learned to save money and do coupons. I am convicted to get out of debt. My husband has a good job, although I hate the whole out of town work he has to do. I just feel we have been blessed in many ways. For now, this is home for us. Braden loves his school. He did really well, and in a few weeks, Kanton will experience it for himself. God truly has blessed us. Now, with the unexpected blessing that will fill our lives, we have something else to be thankful for. I am usually very happy to go to work, and I have a smile on my face, and even when I can't do cartwheels any more, I will be doing them in my heart!

I am so glad I have met all of you wonderful ladies at work, through coupons, and at church. We are doing great, and I am so happy that our family had adjusted so well. Just look back to my very first blog post. We've come a long way, baby! Looking back to last July and to my attitude and outlook, it's amazing God's blessings and what a difference a year makes!

4 comments:

Emily said...

Well I am so glad you are loving it! I'm glad to have met you and have you for Ally's first ever teacher:) Looking forward to seeing you around BCS this fall!

Becky said...

Love ya and glad you're here!!

brickmomma said...

You make work such a fun place to be...even without the cartwheels!

Kelly said...

I am so glad you guys are here! I have really enjoyed having Braden last year and looking forward to Kanton this year.