CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Thirty one-derful and other stuff

Here I am at 15 weeks and 1 day pregnant. I know, I know. I look bigger, but I am short, people. I am 5 feet 2 inches on a good day.
Don't you wonder what this little guy is thinking?

Here are Ashton, Kanton, and Kanton's friend at the zoo.


Kanton took this picture of a cute little monkey.



Kanton and Ashton at the Cameron Park Zoo in Waco


Well, we went to the zoo over a week ago, but I have been so busy, I didn't get to blog about it. I went with Kanton and Ashton, 2 more kindergarten classmates, and Kanton's sweet teacher. We had a great visit, and the kids were super. I think the DVD player and VeggieTales movie helped just a little. We had a wonderful time, and that zoo is beautiful. I have heard about it, but I just assumed it was a small zoo. It was so beautiful, well planned, and fun....we are planning to go back for fall break. I think it was nicer than San Antonio zoo. It was more full of nature and less cement. There were even monkeys that were on an island and not in cages. I wondered how they didn't learn to swim and escape. Who knows?


School was cancelled Friday, September 12. My work was cancelled, and Friday Night Out at church was cancelled. I was bummed, because Ricky was going to take me to dinner and bowling with friends for my birthday. Instead, I got Hurricane Ike who arrived on my birthday. I am now thirty one-derful!!! We sat in the house and looked at the wind and rain out the window. It was a nice day watching nature and being thankful that we were protected, and our kids and home were safe. We had a few branches from oak trees and a small tree that was uprooted, but no big deal. I've been through many tornadoes worse than that. This west Texas girl thinks that tornadoes are much faster and scarier. Hurricanes just take longer to pass and have more rain. No thunder or hail, which is what I'm used to, so I didn't miss that.


I just found out a great friend is pregnant, and I am praying for her and her sweet family. I hope everyone has a great week.










3 comments:

Amanda said...

I'm from South Louisiana and I will take a hurricane any day over a tornado! Tornado's freak me out. They are unpredictable. At least with a hurricane you know it is coming.

by the way you don't look huge! You look cute and pregnant.

Emily said...

Happy late birthday! I think you look great!

Becky said...

Who is it? Who is it?