CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, October 6, 2007

What a week

The cake, which is Whale Island, from Pirates Past Noon by Mary Pope Osborne.
My little pirate, Braden, ready for his pirate party at school.

How do I turn this sideways?? Kanton and his R2D2 laptop, all he wanted for his birthday!


Kanton and his Pre-K teacher, Miss Bruce, with his cookie.



Kanton requested a cookie cake for his birthday. He shared it with his class at Pre-K.




This is a picture of the water heater spilling onto the floor. You can see all our furniture pushed around in the living room. The white chunks are calcium buildup.











Well, starting with Ricky's car being broken into on the 28th, the week was pretty much a mess. Our washer started leaking from the drain, and the carpet was flooded. Who in their right mind would put carpet in a laundry room? Well, someone here thought it would work, and it didn't. For those who don't know, we're renting an apartment until we can figure out where to live or what God has planned for us as far as staying here or going back to San Angelo. Anyway, so the laundry room flooded. The maintenance guy came twice to unclog the drain. Then, we noticed over the weekend that the hot water was slowly disappearing. Well, the hot water heater went out. It only took 4 days of cold showers before they decided to come and replace it. When the man was draining it, he sprayed 5 to 10 gallons of water on the new carpet in the dining room. So, now we have the wet laundry room, some wet carpet in the living room, and now the dining room. 9 days of wet carpet in the laundry room was really gross. Finally, they had someone come and bring us 3 huge fans to dry the carpet. Supposedly they were coming back today. Wrong. It is strange to me how our inconvenience does not matter to anyone here, and we have just had to sit in the wet, stinky, and cold shower house until they decided to get around to it. We did get the water heater fixed. Yeah, the primitive cold baths are gone! We are now living with half torn out padding and unattached carpet. Oh, and the laundry room is down to bare cement, glue, and carpet tack strips! I hope that next week proves more productive.

On a good note, Kanton turned 5 on Wednesday. He woke up in a wonderful mood. He was smiling and told me "Guess what? I'm taller." It was so cute. Well, being five, he informed me that he no longer needed the chair to brush his teeth. He can now reach the sink. Tuesday he could not do it, because he was just four! He could reach his toothbrush way back at the back of the counter. He also informed me that he doesn't cry anymore. Well, I did tell him that I think it's okay to cry, and that sometimes even daddies cry. I told him I didn't care if he was 5 or 25, he could still cry. There are certain times when it's just okay to cry.

I have been watching the show "Biggest Loser," and trying to motivate myself to lose some baby weight. The kids have seen me watching the show, and I explained to them that the people are trying to eat healthy, exercise, and drink water. I cheer for people when they lose weight (I am still a cheerleader in my mind). Well, Ricky was giving Kanton and Ashton a bath, and I walked into the bathroom and stepped on the scale. Kanton, giving me what he thought was a great compliment exclaimed, "Mom, you could be on Big Fat Loser! You could!" I smiled all the way down to my heart! He thought he was giving me this great compliment, but what a way to say it!! If that's not motivation for working out, I don't know what is.

Well, we have been trying to get the house in order. All the furniture is pushed into the middle of the living room. Braden told me that it feels like we're moving. He had a pirate party at school on Friday. The class read the Magic Treehouse book Pirates Past Noon by Mary Pope Osborne. I will have to post pictures of the whale island cake I made. Pictures will have to be added later, because I should be in bed sleeping and resting before church tomorrow.

I think the weekend is a nice break from the chaos that has been going on around here. I hope everyone has a blessed day tomorrow.

1 comment:

Lisa V. said...

Sometimes life comes at you all at once, doesn't it? I hope that you are getting things back in order and are no longer sloshing on wet carpet. Don't worry...we can be on "Big Fat Loser" together! haha (I love that show!) Miss ya.